Friday, July 30, 2010

"Durga Puja"

23 August 2009
GTB ENCLAVE
Around 6:30 pm
"Get the hell out of my way"..... I shouted as I made my way through the group of children trying 2 snatch the bread pakora's I had......I trotted and reached the area where some students were involved in their drawings...kya hai ki..DRAWING/ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION was on and I was carrying the SNACKS for the participants...only participants

DURGA PUJA-the most celebrated festivals of the bengali's is celebrated as happily here(DELHI) as anywhere...and dis time I was lucky enough to be a part of the organising committee...At 18 years of age I was perhaps the youngest member of the committee....the puja committee

23 August 2009
GTB ENCLAVE
Me along with my 3 mates were to organize the essay writing and drawing competition...what you have to draw in drawing competition were given by me,so I was quite excited about it....

ESSAY WRITING

TOPIC---MY FAMILY

As I was distributing d snacks,I peeped into the papers of the participants and found...a .a.a common line
"MY FAMILY CONSISTED OF 4/5/6//7/8 MEMBERS"....to be precise some had written just this much....



"Don't just keep that door of your mind ajar swing it full" I told them trying to distribute the pakora's efficiently without wasting the ketchup with it..
Essay writing competition was a mess as most of them just revolved about the names and their status in d family...
like "Mere dadaji ka naam ***** hai aur vo mere dadaji hai..,vo 85 umar ke hai"-------arre yaar who cares what's your dadaji's age or name is,I gave some of them sinister looks..
DRAWING COMPETITION ended pretty well....actually it also just ended  but at least here were some cute little tiny tots  trying 2 draw as they like....much fun watching those expressions of glee...loved d moment

DURGA PUJA  is coming back this year also...hope we get some good essayist this time and yes no bread pakora's..!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...